The Greene County Human Resources Association, along with the Wimberly, Lawson, Wright, Daves & Jones Law Firm, will host the 12th Annual Employment Law Conference.
The conference will be from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 15 at the Crescent Office Complex, at 615 West Main St.
The conference will have instruction from representatives of Wimberly, Lawson, Wright, Daves & Jones, a full-service labor, employment, ERISA and immigration law firm representing management exclusively, according to a recent news release.
The conference is for anyone in a management, human resources, or supervisory position who is striving to understand employment law.
General topics are:
* Year in Review; Workers' Compensation Reform Act of 2013;
* OSHA Crackdown; Getting Thicker Skin -- The Law on Retaliation;
* Employee Policies -- Handbooks;
* Handguns, Intranets, Tobacco, Electronic Communications Devices and More; and
* ADAAA-Advanced Course and Application of Law/Regs and Enforcement; Boasts, Hosts and Posts; and, Healthcare Reform -- What's An Employer To Do?
The conference has been approved for 5.5 (general) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
Cost per attendee is $85 for printed materials provided or $65 for materials emailed to the attendee. The cost includes refreshments and lunch.
Seating is limited.
For more information or to register for the conference, contact Danelle Sells at 787-6303 or (firstname.lastname@example.org) ; Michelle Myers at 787-8508 or (email@example.com) ; or Bethany Reagan at 422-9925 or (BReagan@OldcastleBE.com)