BY LISA WARREN
The Band Perry has been performing this summer for an ever-growing fan base and collecting even more music industry award nominations.
The sibling trio from Greeneville has been nominated for two Teen Choice Awards, a fan-voted awards show that will air live on Sunday, Aug. 7, from 8 to 10 p.m. on the Fox Network.
The Band Perry also drew a crowd of 75,000 on July 3 at the Louisville, Ky., Waterfront Park, despite inclement weather.
Some 40,000 showed up in Rogersville to see the group on July 2.
Meanwhile, the Perrys have been nominated in the categories of "Country Group of the Year" and "Country Single of the Year," for their megahit "If I Die Young."
Voting has already begun for the Teen Choice Awards at teenchoiceawards.com. Fans can cast new votes each day to vote for their favorite teen icons in film, television, music, sports, comedy, fashion and the Web.
"In an award show determined by fans, especially one that covers every aspect of entertainment, from Hollywood stars to athletes to musicians of all genres, we are thrilled to be thought of as one of the nominees to represent country music," said Kimberly Perry and her brothers, Neil and Reid Perry, in a news release from their publicist.
During the Fourth of July holiday period, The Band Perry headlined performances that exceeded attendance expectations.
At their June 30 performance, fans exceeded capacity at the KC Live! Stage at the Power & Light District in downtown Kansas City, Mo.
There were 12,500 fans admitted to the show -- and 2,000 had to be turned away by organizers due to space restrictions, the news release said.
On July 1, at the Hillsboro Festival of The Bells in Ohio, attendance for The Band Perry's show exceeded 18,000, the release says.
Then, on July 2, the trio played close to home in Rogersville, where more than 40,000 attended.
The Band Perry closed out the weekend on July 3 at the Louisville, Ky., Waterfront Park, where 75,000 fans showed up, despite inclement weather.
"This band just wowed the crowd," said Ashley Cox, director of Louisville Waterfront Independence Day Festival, in the release.
"They played through the weather like complete professionals and turned a dark day into a country and rock show that won't soon be forgotten," Cox said.
The Perrys are currently out on the road, opening shows for Tim McGraw as well as several dates as headliners.
On Sept. 1, The Band Perry will join country music superstar Reba McEntire in Ft. McMurray, Alberta, Canada.
Among the stops on McEntire's tour is one close to home for the Perrys -- at the Foothills Fall Festival in Maryville on Oct. 8. Tickets are on sale now for the festival.
For more dates on The Band Perry's scheduled tour with Reba, visit their website at thebandperry.com.
For the remainder of this summer, The Band Perry can be found performing on the following dates:
* July 15 - Saint Clairsville, Ohio, "Jamboree In the Hills";
* July 16 - Chicago, First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre (w/ Tim McGraw);
* July 17 - Indianapolis, Verizon Wireless Music Center (w/ Tim McGraw);
* July 18 - Bardstown, Ky., J. Dan Talbott Amphitheatre;
* July 22 - Philadelphia, Susquehanna Bank Center (w/ Tim McGraw);
* July 23 - Uncasville, Conn., Mohegan Sun (w/ Tim McGraw);
* July 24 - Boston, Comcast Center (w/ Tim McGraw);
* July 27 - Goshen, Ind., Elkhart County Fair;
* July 28 - Harrington, Del., Delaward State Fair (w/ Josh Turner);
* July 29 - Holmdel, N.J., PNC Bank Arts Center (w/ Tim McGraw);
* July 30 - Pittsburgh, First Nigara Pavilion (w/ Tim McGraw);
* July 31 - Cincinnati, Oh., Riverbend Music Center (w/ Tim McGraw);
* Aug. 2 - Harrison, Mich., Clare County Fair;
* Aug. 4 - Albuquerque, N.M., Hard Rock Casino presents The Pavilion (w/ Tim McGraw);
* Aug. 5 - Denver, Comfort Dental Amphitheatre (w/ Tim McGraw);
* Aug. 6 - Salt Lake City, USANA Amphitheatre (w/ Tim McGraw);
* Aug. 11 - Charlotte, Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre (w/ Tim McGraw);
* Aug. 12 - Cleveland, Blossom Music Center (w/ Tim McGraw);
* Aug. 13 - Washington, D.C., Jiffy Lube Live (w/ Tim McGraw);
* Aug. 14 - Hershey, Pa., Hershey Stadium (w/ Tim McGraw);
* Aug. 15 - Fairlea, W.V., State Fair of West Virginia;
* Aug. 17 - Des Moines, Iowa, Iowa State Fair;
* Aug. 18 - Fairmount, Minn., Martin County Fairgrounds;
* Aug. 19 - Aberdeen, S.D., Brown County Fair;
* Aug. 20, Imperial, Neb., Chase County Fair & Expo;
* Aug. 21 - Saint Joseph, Mo., Trails West Festival at Civic Center Park;
* Aug. 24 - Mitchell, S.D., The Corn Palace Festival;
* Aug. 26 - Grand Island, Neb., Nebraska State Fair;
* Aug. 27 - Pueblo, Colo., Colorado State Fair;
* Aug. 30 - Monroe, Wash., Evergreen State Fair;
* Aug. 31 - Walla Walla, Wash., Walla Walla Frontier Days.