The Town of Greeneville is seeking someone to redevelop surplus property commonly known as "Kiser Hole" for public use to benefit the Downtown area.
The vacant property is located at the corner of West Main Street and South Main Street, near Calvary Chapel, the former longtime location of Kiser Funeral Home.
A five-page Request for Proposals (RFP) to purchase and redevelop the property has been posted on the Town's website, http://www.greenevilletn.gov
The property is zoned for B-3 (Intermediate Business District) use.
Bids will be opened at 3 p.m. Monday, Jan. 28, at Town Hall.
Evaluations of the proposals and the recommendation for selecting the successful proposal will be based on the following criteria:
1. Proposed use of the property, specifically the plan to allow events for recreation, entertainment, and other public activities that positively impact downtown Greeneville
2. The overall desirability, aesthetic quality, compatibility, and architectural concept of any proposed improvements as it relates to the surrounding community.
3. Financial stability, size, and experience of the proposer to successfully complete the project.
4. The overall economic impact of the proposed project at completion.
5. Purchase price.
6. Total tax revenues anticipated to be generated by the proposed redevelopment.
For more information, call Town Hall at 639-7105.