Local government offices and branches of state and federal departments will have altered schedules this week in observance of Christmas.
* The Greene County Courthouse and offices in the Courthouse Annex will be closed Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for the holiday and will re-open Friday.
* Greene County Convenience Centers will be closed Wednesday.
* Greeneville Town Hall will close at noon on Tuesday for Christmas Eve and will remain closed Wednesday for Christmas Day.
* Garbage normally collected on Wednesday by the town's Public Works Department will be collected Thursday instead, along with the regular Thursday routes. Residents are reminded to place their roll-out carts by the curb early for pick-up.
* The Greeneville-Greene County Transfer Station and Demolition Landfill will be closed Wednesday. Normal hours of operation from 7 to 11:45 a.m. and 12:15 to 3 p.m. will resume Thursday.
* Offices for the City of Tusculum will be closed on Tuesday and Wednesday.
* Tusculum garbage pickup will be as follows: Normal garbage scheduled for pick-up on Wednesday and Thursday will be moved back one day. What's normally picked up on Wednesday will be gathered Thursday. What's normally picked up Thursday will be picked up Friday.
* Mosheim Town Hall and Baileyton Town Hall will both be closed Wednesday and Thursday.
* Offices of the Greeneville Water Department and Greeneville Light & Power System will be open from 8 a.m. until noon Tuesday, but will be closed on Wednesday. Both offices will reopen on a normal schedule at 8 a.m. on Thursday.
* The Greene County Partnership and Chamber of Commerce will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
* The Greene County Health Department and Greeneville-Greene County Public Library will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
* The Boys & Girls Club of Greeneville & Greene County will be open Monday only from 7:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. The club will be closed for the remainder of the week and will reopen from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 30.
* The Greene County YMCA will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday,
* The James H. Quillen U.S. Courthouse and the local branch of the Social Security Administration will be closed Wednesday in observance of Christmas, which is a federal holiday.
* The Greeneville branch of the Tennessee Department of Human Services will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
* Branches of the U.S. Postal Service will be closed Wednesday, and there will be no mail delivery that day.
* The Greeneville Sun will publish on a regular schedule Tuesday, but offices will close at noon that day.
There will not be a Wednesday edition of the Sun, and the newspaper offices will remain closed.
The Sun's offices will reopen at 8 a.m. Thursday, and the Dec. 26 edition will publish on a normal schedule.