BY KEN LITTLE
Sheriff's deputies looking for a woman with an active arrest warrant Thursday morning ended up charging 15 people inside a house with possession of drug paraphernalia, reports said.
Among various drug-related items found inside the house at 320 Forest Hills Drive were plastic bags containing white power residue believed to be the synthetic drug bath salts.
Bongs, glass pipes, syringes, tubing, straws and other paraphernalia used to ingest drugs were found throughout the house, including all four bedrooms, Deputy Chuck Humphreys said in a report.
Deputies were told "several empty Baggies with white residue" had contained bath salts, the report said.
Three people who listed their addresses as 320 Forest Hills Drive were among those charged. They are Jeffery Scott Ashby, 29; Pamela M. Ashby, 58; and Reban Wayne Early, 53.
Another man, 19-year-old Wesley Alan Dewit, of 916 Mt. Zion Road, was also charged with evading arrest.
Deputies found Dewit hiding in the attic "in an attempt to elude arrest," a report said.
Dewit had outstanding warrants for violation of probation and failure to appear, the report said.
Two garbage bags full of drug paraphernalia were removed from the house, Humphreys said.
The woman sought by deputies was not located.
Others charged with possession of drug paraphernalia include:
* James Caleb Babb, 24, of 4160 Snapps Ferry Road;
* James Lewis Brobeck, 37, of 4270 107 Cutoff;
* Chris Allen Brotherton, 27, of 1145 W. Irish St;
* Carol Baxter Church, 50, of 132 Holiday Lane;
* Mary Ann Doud, 37, of 7070 Gap Creek Road;
* Karen Lynn Easterly, 39, of 2081 Poplar Springs Road;
* Brandy Nicole Lane, 31, of 1505 Millers Chapel Road;
* Carrie Evelyn Knipp, 27, of 435 Parton Loop;
* Natasha Dawn Thornburg, 25, of 17 Meadow Landing Drive;
* Michael Lynn Tino, 33, of 10900 Kingsport Hwy.;
* Shannon Long Tino, 40, of 406 Elk St.
Bond for all of the defendants, with the exception of Dewit, was set at $1,000. Dewit's bond is $2,000.
All defendants are scheduled to appear today in General Sessions Court.