The Greeneville Sun
Current Weather
Clear Clear
64 ° Severe Weather Alert!
Click Icon for Extended Forecast
Get Breaking News Alerts
FREE Service of
Brad & Ginia Johnston
423-823-0414 | 423-823-0716
Get special offers
from GreenevilleSun.com.
 
Hats In The Ring
Candidates Showcase


Patty Tilson
Greene Co. Clerk




Nathan Holt
Greene Co. Trustee




Brett Purgason
Greene Co. Mayor




Robin Quillen
3rd Dist. County Commissioner




David Crum
Greene Co. Mayor




Ted Hensley
5th Dist. State Representative




David Weems
Road Superintendent




Jan Kiker
Greene Co. Clerk




Christina Blevins
Register of Deeds




Tom Hopson
Greene Co. Trustee




Kevin Swatsell
Road Superintendent




Danny Greene
Sheriff




Cecil Mills
District Attorney General



 
 
1997 Harley Davidson Ultra

1997 Honda Valkyrie

2002 Ford F150 King

1928 Ford Model A Door

1970 Nova 1 Owner 56k

2004 Jeep Wrangler (sahara

1996 Ford F-super Duty

Get featured here and increase your advertising results by upgrading your classified ad to a TopAd.

Call: 423-638-4185

Get featured here and increase your advertising results by upgrading your classified ad to a TopAd.

Call: 423-638-4185




Public Notices

April 23, 2014

choose text size bigger text smaller text

Faulty Air Conditioner Likely Caused House Fire

Originally published: 2013-09-03 11:11:21
Last modified: 2013-09-03 11:13:07
 


A bedroom air conditioner is suspected as the cause of a fire early Sunday that destroyed a house at 295 Rocky Hill Drive, said Harold Williamson, Moshiem Volunteer Fire Department chief.

"The direct area of the air conditioner is where the fire began," Williamson said without completely ruling out other causes.

House tenants Kenneth Brown Jr. and Elizabeth Carter were out of town when the fire occurred, Williamson said.

Brown told sheriff's deputies that the window air conditioner "was left on while he was gone."

The fire may have started in a back bedroom, a deputy's report said.

Damage to the 32-by-24 foot house is estimated at $47,500. Damage to contents totals $10,000.

"Upon arrival of the first units (firefighters) found the house fully involved with fire. The fire had already vented through the roof," Williamson said.

There was little left to salvage from the house.

"We extinguished the fire and started overhaul, but during overhaul all that was able to be saved were a few pictures and some paperwork and a propane heater and tank," Williamson said.

The Mosheim Volunteer Fire Department and the Midway Volunteer Fire Department, the American Red Cross, Greene County-Greeneville Emergency Medical Services, the Greene County Sheriff's Department and the Greeneville Light & Power System responded to the scene, Williamson said.

 
For more information and stories, see The Greeneville Sun.

More Local News


Newspapers In Education Benchmarks
Newspapers In Education
Newspapers In Education
Benchmarks
Benchmarks

Find more businesses on GreenevilleMarketplace.com

Attorneys · Automotive · Health Care · Restaurants Retail · Services · Home & Garden · Recreation


PHOTO GALLERIES
Sponsored in part by:
 
RECENT GALLERIES



 

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2014, GREENEVILLE PUBLISHING COMPANY, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
This content may not be reused without the express written permission of Greeneville Publishing Company, Inc.
http://www.greenevillesun.com