The Greeneville Sun
Current Weather
Scattered Clouds Scattered Clouds
42 °
Click Icon for Extended Forecast
Get Breaking News Alerts
FREE Service of
Brad & Ginia Johnston
423-823-0414 | 423-823-0716
Get special offers
from GreenevilleSun.com.
 
Hats In The Ring
Candidates Showcase


Patty Tilson
Greene Co. Clerk




Nathan Holt
Greene Co. Trustee




Brett Purgason
Greene Co. Mayor




Robin Quillen
3rd Dist. County Commissioner




David Crum
Greene Co. Mayor




Ted Hensley
5th Dist. State Representative




David Weems
Road Superintendent




Jan Kiker
Greene Co. Clerk




Christina Blevins
Register of Deeds




Tom Hopson
Greene Co. Trustee




Kevin Swatsell
Road Superintendent




Danny Greene
Sheriff




Cecil Mills
District Attorney General



 
 
1928 Ford Model A Door

1997 Honda Valkyrie

2004 Jeep Wrangler (sahara

1997 Harley Davidson Ultra

1970 Nova 1 Owner 56k

2002 Ford F150 King

1996 Ford F-super Duty

Get featured here and increase your advertising results by upgrading your classified ad to a TopAd.

Call: 423-638-4185

Get featured here and increase your advertising results by upgrading your classified ad to a TopAd.

Call: 423-638-4185




Public Notices

April 24, 2014

choose text size bigger text smaller text

Fire Destroys Mobile Home Tuesday On Holder Road

Originally published: 2013-10-23 10:37:16
Last modified: 2013-10-23 10:41:39
 


BY KEN LITTLE

STAFF WRITER

An electrical malfunction is believed to be the cause of a fire Tuesday morning that destroyed a double-wide mobile home at 850 Holder Road, sheriff's Deputy Anthony Pruitt said in a report.

No injuries were reported in the fire, which was called in to 911 Dispatch about 7:40 a.m. Tuesday.

Owner Charles M. Garber told deputies that he left the house to take a child to school. Upon returning home, Garber "noticed the windows to the home looked dark, and he saw smoke coming from it," the report said.

Garber said he called 911 and then opened the front door of the mobile home in order to get the family's dogs outside.

"As he did, he heard a window in the back blow out. The fire appeared to have started in a back, left-corner bedroom next to the electrical panel," the report said.

Garber told deputies that an electrical outlet in the bedroom "had given them problems since they owned the home," the report said.

The outlet had not been used in about two years, Garber told deputies.

"He thought there may have been wire breakage leading to the outlet," the report said.

Damage to the double-wide mobile home is listed at $70,000, while damage to the contents is listed at $30,000.

The home is insured, the report said.

 
For more information and stories, see The Greeneville Sun.

More Local News


Newspapers In Education Benchmarks
Newspapers In Education
Newspapers In Education
Benchmarks
Benchmarks

Find more businesses on GreenevilleMarketplace.com

Attorneys · Automotive · Health Care · Restaurants Retail · Services · Home & Garden · Recreation


PHOTO GALLERIES
Sponsored in part by:
 
RECENT GALLERIES



 

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2014, GREENEVILLE PUBLISHING COMPANY, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
This content may not be reused without the express written permission of Greeneville Publishing Company, Inc.
http://www.greenevillesun.com