The Greeneville Sun
Current Weather
Scattered Clouds Scattered Clouds
67 °
Click Icon for Extended Forecast
Get Breaking News Alerts
FREE Service of
Brad & Ginia Johnston
423-823-0414 | 423-823-0716
Get special offers
from GreenevilleSun.com.
 
Hats In The Ring
Candidates Showcase


Patty Tilson
Greene Co. Clerk




Nathan Holt
Greene Co. Trustee




Brett Purgason
Greene Co. Mayor




Robin Quillen
3rd Dist. County Commissioner




David Crum
Greene Co. Mayor




Ted Hensley
5th Dist. State Representative




David Weems
Road Superintendent




Jan Kiker
Greene Co. Clerk




Christina Blevins
Register of Deeds



 
 
1970 Nova 1 Owner 56k

2002 Ford F150 King

1997 Honda Valkyrie

1928 Ford Model A Door

2004 Jeep Wrangler (sahara

1996 Ford F-super Duty

Get featured here and increase your advertising results by upgrading your classified ad to a TopAd.

Call: 423-638-4185

Get featured here and increase your advertising results by upgrading your classified ad to a TopAd.

Call: 423-638-4185




Public Notices

April 17, 2014

choose text size bigger text smaller text

Fire Heavily Damages Home On Gallihar Lane

Originally published: 2013-08-26 10:37:11
Last modified: 2013-08-26 10:40:23
 


BY KEN LITTLE

STAFF WRITER

Faulty wiring may have been the cause of a fire about 7:45 p.m. Sunday that heavily damaged a house at 50 Gallihar Lane, sheriff's Deputy Michael Jones said in a report.

The homeowner, Joyce Walker, told deputies that she smelled something burning but could not locate the source of the odor, and went outside.

A few minutes later, "flames became visible on the right front corner of the house," the report said.

The DeBusk Volunteer Fire Department responded to the scene.

Son Jeff Walker told deputies that there were problems with electrical outlets in the den, where the fire is believed to have originated.

Neighbor Joe Whitt said in an email to The Greeneville Sun that there were no injuries "and everyone made it out of the house safely, including the two family birds."

Whitt said Walker had been outside when the fire started "and entered the home only to find her house was on fire."

Whitt said that Jeff Walker was pulling onto Gallihar Lane when he saw the fire.

In addition to DeBusk firefighters, the Greeneville Fire Department responded to the scene, along with the Sunnyside Volunteer Fire Department and Greene County-Greeneville Emergency Medical Services.

The Greene County chapter of the American Red Cross put the family up in a hotel, Whitt said.

Damage to the house totals $50,000.

 
For more information and stories, see The Greeneville Sun.

More Local News


Newspapers In Education Benchmarks
Newspapers In Education
Newspapers In Education
Benchmarks
Benchmarks

Find more businesses on GreenevilleMarketplace.com

Attorneys · Automotive · Health Care · Restaurants Retail · Services · Home & Garden · Recreation


PHOTO GALLERIES
Sponsored in part by:
 
RECENT GALLERIES



 

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2014, GREENEVILLE PUBLISHING COMPANY, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
This content may not be reused without the express written permission of Greeneville Publishing Company, Inc.
http://www.greenevillesun.com