BY KEN LITTLE
A fire Monday morning in a mobile home at 1275 Pates Hill Road originated in the kitchen, sheriff's Deputy Aaron Rogers said in a report.
Damage to the mobile home and contents is estimated at $41,000.
Owner Eunice Shehan told deputies she was in the kitchen when she saw smoke. Shehan called 911.
"All occupants were able to get out safely," the report said.
The fire apparently started on a cooking stove and spread into the kitchen area, the report said.
The Orebank and Caney Branch volunteer fire departments responded and extinguished the fire.
There was smoke and water damage throughout the mobile home, the report said.