The State Department of Education will issue an Honorary High School Diploma to any veteran of World War II, the Korean War, or the Vietnam War who has Honorable Discharge papers.
To receive such a diploma, contact the school system from which the veteran would have graduated, providing the following information:
* Honorable Discharge papers;
* veteran's name and address;
* name of the high school from which he or she would have graduated;
* name of the city/county in which the high school is (or was) located; and,
* the year in which the veteran would have graduated.
This information will then be sent by the school system to the State Department of Education and will receive the signature of the Tennessee Commissioner of Education, the Director of Schools and chairman of the Board of Education where the veteran would have graduated, and the principal of the school from which the veteran would have graduated.
Qualifying veterans who apply will receive their honorary diplomas in the mail.