The Greeneville Sun
Current Weather
Clear Clear
67 ° Severe Weather Alert!
Click Icon for Extended Forecast
Get Breaking News Alerts
FREE Service of
Brad & Ginia Johnston
423-823-0414 | 423-823-0716
Get special offers
Hats In The Ring
Candidates Showcase

Patty Tilson
Greene Co. Clerk

Nathan Holt
Greene Co. Trustee

Brett Purgason
Greene Co. Mayor

Robin Quillen
3rd Dist. County Commissioner

David Crum
Greene Co. Mayor

Ted Hensley
5th Dist. State Representative

David Weems
Road Superintendent

Jan Kiker
Greene Co. Clerk

Christina Blevins
Register of Deeds

Tom Hopson
Greene Co. Trustee

Kevin Swatsell
Road Superintendent

Danny Greene

Cecil Mills
District Attorney General

1928 Ford Model A Door

2002 Ford F150 King

1997 Harley Davidson Ultra

1970 Nova 1 Owner 56k

2004 Jeep Wrangler (sahara

1997 Honda Valkyrie

1996 Ford F-super Duty

Get featured here and increase your advertising results by upgrading your classified ad to a TopAd.

Call: 423-638-4185

Get featured here and increase your advertising results by upgrading your classified ad to a TopAd.

Call: 423-638-4185

Public Notices

April 23, 2014

choose text size bigger text smaller text

How Eligible Vets Can Get Honorary H.S. Diploma

Originally published: 2013-11-12 11:04:32
Last modified: 2013-11-12 11:13:28

The State Department of Education will issue an Honorary High School Diploma to any veteran of World War II, the Korean War, or the Vietnam War who has Honorable Discharge papers.

To receive such a diploma, contact the school system from which the veteran would have graduated, providing the following information:

* Honorable Discharge papers;

* veteran's name and address;

* name of the high school from which he or she would have graduated;

* name of the city/county in which the high school is (or was) located; and,

* the year in which the veteran would have graduated.

This information will then be sent by the school system to the State Department of Education and will receive the signature of the Tennessee Commissioner of Education, the Director of Schools and chairman of the Board of Education where the veteran would have graduated, and the principal of the school from which the veteran would have graduated.

Qualifying veterans who apply will receive their honorary diplomas in the mail.

For more information and stories, see The Greeneville Sun.

More Local News

Newspapers In Education Benchmarks
Newspapers In Education
Newspapers In Education

Find more businesses on

Attorneys · Automotive · Health Care · Restaurants Retail · Services · Home & Garden · Recreation

Sponsored in part by:


Terms of Use - Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2014, GREENEVILLE PUBLISHING COMPANY, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
This content may not be reused without the express written permission of Greeneville Publishing Company, Inc.