As is customary for Thanksgiving Week, many local offices will be closing for the national Thanksgiving holiday on Thursday and, in some cases, the schedule changes will also include Friday, Nov. 23.
Local schedule changes related to the Thanksgiving holiday include the following:
* There will be no mail delivery on Thanksgiving, and the U.S. Post Office will be closed that day.
But regular delivery, and shortened hours at the Post Office, will be in effect on Friday. The office will be open 9 a.m. to noon.
* Thanksgiving is a bank holiday. All area financial institutions will be closed Thursday to observe the holiday.
* The Greeneville City Schools are closed Wednesday through Friday. The Greene County School System will be closed Thursday and Friday only. Both school systems will resume classes on Monday.
* The Town of Greeneville Public Works Department will observe Thursday, Nov. 22, as the Thanksgiving holiday. Garbage normally collected on Thursdays will be collected on Friday, Nov. 23.
Residents are reminded to place their carts at the curb early on Friday, as collection personnel will begin their routes earlier than normal.
* Garbage collection in the City of Tusculum will be on Wednesday. Those that normally have garbage collected on Thursday are reminded to have garbage curbside by 7:30 a.m. Wednesday morning.
* The Greeneville/Greene County Transfer Station and Demolition Landfill will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 22. However, normal hours of operation will resume on Friday. Hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. until 3:00 p.m.
* Greeneville Town Hall will be closed Thursday and Friday.
* The Greene County Courthouse and the Greene County Courthouse Annex on Cutler Street will be closed Thursday and Friday.
* The Greene County Convenience Centers will be closed on Thursday but will return to the regular schedule on Friday and Saturday.
* Tusculum City Hall, Mosheim Town Hall, and Baileyton Town Hall will be closed on Thursday and Friday.
* The James H. Quillen United States Courthouse will be closed Thursday but will return to regular hours on Friday.
* The Greeneville Light & Power System offices will be closed on Thursday and Friday.
* The Greeneville Water Department offices will be closed on Thursday and Friday.
* The Greeneville-Greene County Public Library will be closed on Thursday and Friday. The T. Elmer Cox Historical & Genealogical Library is closed all week.
* The Greeneville-Greene County Community Ministries Food Bank will be closed Thursday and Friday.
* The Social Security office will be closed Thursday and Friday.
* The Greene County Health Department will be closed Thursday and Friday.
* The Greene County YMCA will be closed Thursday and Friday.
* The Boys & Girls Club of Greeneville & Greene County will be closed Thursday and Friday.
* The Greeneville Sun's Thanksgiving issue will be published and distributed as a morning paper on Thursday.
The newspaper office will be closed all day Thanksgiving, but normal hours and the normal schedule of delivery will resume on Friday.