The YMCA winter group exercise classes will begin Tuesday.
The schedule is:
* Boot Camp - High energy class incorporating various exercise modes, to achieve an intense full body workout. Class consists of cardio/boot camp-style workout. Classes will meet for 30 minutes on Mondays and Wednesdays at 12:30 p.m. and Tuesdays at 4 p.m.; and for one hour on Saturdays at 9:05 a.m with instructors: Jolynn Doty, Matthew Carpenter and Joel Carver.
* Insane Workout - This class is interval training with long bursts of maximum intensity exercises with short periods of rest. This class meets for 45 minutes on Mondays and Wednesdays at 9:05 a.m. Instructor: Aneta Penley.
* Cardio C.I. - Cardio Intervals! This interval class combines cardio, endurance, and balance training for a physical and mental challenge. This class meets for one hour on Mondays and Wednesdays at 6 p.m. Instructors: Carrie Thompson and Jan Martin
* Fabulous Forever - Safe exercises for people who do not want to exercise standing unaided. Strength-building and balancing exercises, done standing or seated along with a lively dance. This class meets for 30 minutes on Mondays and Wednesdays at 11:05 a.m. Instructor: Deborah Johnson.
* Fit For Life - A 45-minute class of exercises with handheld weights, stability balls, aerobic dance, awesome abs and Rumps and Bumps, involving the leg and buttock region. This class meets for 45 minutes on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 8:15 a.m. Instructors: Charlotte Merkel and Joanie Scott.
* Sculpt - This class will focus on improving flexibility and strength, three or four sets of upper and lower body exercises performed with handheld weights for each major muscle group. This class will meet for 50 minutes on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8:40 a.m. and for 30 minutes on Tuesdays at 6 p.m. Instructors: Debbie Overacker and Shirley Southerland.
* Basic Zumba - This class will feature basic Zumba steps and will meet for 30 minutes on Wednesdays at 5:25 p.m. Instructor: Shirley Southerland
* Step Challenge - Intermediate to advanced step combinations are featured in this cardio option for a fun and challenging class that will keep you on your toes! Familiarity with step terminology and movements is recommended. This 45-minute class meets on Mondays and Thursdays at 4:15 p.m. Instructor: Jolynn Doty.
* Boxalates - A creative mix between Pilates and Boxing. This form of exercise will strengthen your core, heart and elongate your muscles. This class meets for 30 minues on Tuesdays at 6:35 p.m. and on Thursdays at 6:45 p.m. Instructor: Jan Martin.
* Zumba - Fun-filled dance class with a mixture of some Hip Hop and Latin dance steps. This class will meet for 55 minutes at 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, at 9:05 a.m. Fridays, and at 1 p.m. Saturdays; for 30 minutes at 12:15 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays; and for 45 minutes at 5:15 p.m. Tuesdays and 6 p.m. Thursdays. Instructors: Debbie Shaw, Debbie Overacker, Rachel Luttrell and Shirley Southerland.
* Power Yoga - Increase your physical and mental awareness with postures that will blend strength with flexibility, endurance, balance, coordination, and concentration. Strong, fluid movements require a focus of mind and body that is as challenging as it is invigorating. While following basic yoga postures, this class is fitness based and will provide a challenging and energizing workout. This class meets for 45 minutes on Mondays and Thursdays at 5:10 p.m. and Saturdays at 8 a.m. Instructor: Jolynn Doty.
* Gentle Yoga - This 45-minutes class is designed for beginners, people with multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, arthritis and other limiting conditions. This class meets for 45 minutes on Mondays and Wednesdays at 11:35 a.m. Instructor: Deborah Johnson.
* Vinyasa (Flow Yoga) - Experience exercise for your mind, body, and soul. The class starts with a seated centering and is marked by a flowing style linking flowing movement with breath. This class meets for 45 minutes on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7:45 a.m., for 55 minutes on Fridays at 10:05 a.m and for on hour on Fridays at 5:10 p.m. Instructors: Andy Daniels, Amanda Gricunas, and Debbie Overacker.
* Yoga - Slow, controlled movements and deep stretches are used to release tension, and develop flexibility. This class meets for 55 minutes on Mondays and Wednesdays at 10:05 a.m. Instructors: Deborah Johnson and Stacy Doyle.
* Rock Your Yoga - This class incorporates several different types of yoga while focusing on the thematic aspects of an asana to deepen awareness in specific body areas (shoulders, core, abs, hips, and balance). This class is delivered in a way that allows for laughter and honesty with yourself. This 40-minute class meets on Tuesdays at 4:35 p.m. Instructor: Amanda Gricunas.
* Stretch/Flexibility - Stretches for all major muscles will be taught to increase flexibility. The classes meet for 15 minutes on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30 a.m. Instructor: Debbie Overacker.
* The Arthritis Foundation Tai Chi - This class is proven to reduce pain and improve your mental and physical well-being, it uses gentle Sun-style Tai Chi routines that are safe, easy to learn and suitable for every fitness level. This class will meet for 50 minutes on Fridays at 11:10 a.m. Instructor: Deborah Johnson.
* All Terrain - Simulates the outdoors and works the body at various resistance levels and speeds. The class meets for 45 minutes on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:45 a.m. Instructors: Doug Wheeler and Doug Jennings.
* Cycle Mania - A challenging spinning class with a variety of twists and turns in pace and intensity as well as keeping in rhythm with the newest releases. This 45-minute class meets on Fridays at 8:15 a.m. Instructor: Aneta Penley.
* F.A.S.T. - Fun, Active, Speed, Training. A cycle class designed for any type of rider. It will keep you energized through the last jump. This class meets for 45 minutes on Mondays and Wednesdays at 8:15 a.m. and on Tuesdays at 5:45 p.m. Instructors: Aneta Penley, Doug Wheeler and Debbie Overacker.
* Beginner/Intermediate - A 20-minute beginner level starts 15 minutes prior to intermediate level, and cools down while the 45-minute intermediate level warms-up. Class is easily adaptable for beginners to advanced. The beginner class meets on Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. and the intermediate level begins at 5:45 p.m. and on Saturdays the beginner level meets at 8 a.m. and the intermediate level at 8:15 a.m. Instructor: Doug Wheeler.
* Beginner - Begin your group cycling experience catered especially to new biking participants. During this class you will learn the proper set-up and techniques used for indoor cycling and increase your endurance for the intermediate level in this 20-minute class format. This class meets on Mondays and Wednesdays at 9:10 a.m. and Mondays at 5:30 p.m. Instructors: Kristin Girton and Debbie Overacker.
The YMCA offers childwatch for children from 6 weeks through 5 years old, with a two-hour limit per child per day.
This service is only for children of members who are using the Y facility, and the child must be a member of the YMCA.
Childwatch is available: Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. to noon, and Monday through Thursday: 4 to 8 p.m.
A "Youth Wellness Watch" is a service for youngsters from 5 years old through 12 years old and is also available on the following schedule: Monday through Thursday from 4 to 8 p.m. and on Friday from 3 to 6 p.m.
For more information, contact Debbie Overacker at 639-6107.