Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee has Mobile Food Pantry distributions planned in the Greene County area in December:
THURSDAY, DEC. 6
* 10 a.m., Mountain Vision Ministries, 155 Black Road, in Greeneville;
* 12:30 p.m., Chuckey Presbyterian Church, 8250 Andrew Johnson Hwy., in Chucke;
THURSDAY, DEC. 20
* 11 a.m., Open Door Tabernacle, 70 Tabernacle Road, in Chuckey;
* 1:30 p.m., South Central Ruritan, 2634 Hwy. 107, in Chuckey.
THURSDAY, DEC. 27
* 10:30 a.m., St. James Community Center, 3220 St. James Road; and
* 12:30 p.m., Camp Creek Volunteer Fire Dept., 700 Greystone Road.
Individuals and families needing food assistance and residing in or near these areas are eligible to receive a box of food. No pre-registration is required.
Participants should bring a driver license, a sturdy container for the food, and be prepared to transport the food from the Mobile Pantry truck to their car.
One box will be distributed per household address.
Each household should have one family member present; no one may accept food for another household. Each household is eligible to obtain one box of food per month through the Mobile Pantry program.
For additional information or to locate a food distribution site nearest your home, please call Second Harvest Food Bank at (423) 477-4053, extension 225, or go online to http://www.netfoodbank.org.