The occupant of a house at 542 Reed Road was able to extinguish a fire that started about 9 a.m. Wednesday before it spread throughout the structure, sheriff's Deputy Rick Williams said in a report.
The fire had started in a wall electrical outlet.
Owner Virginia Williams told deputies that her heater and refrigerator were plugged into the same wall outlet, which caught fire.
"She quickly unplugged both and stated the fire soon went out," the report said.
Members of the United Volunteer Fire Department and Greeneville Light & Power System responded to the fire.
Damage to the Kenwood heater totals $50. Outlet and plug damage is $50. Fire damage to the wall is $100.