As of 7:15 a.m. today, Greene County Road Superintendent David Weems said the following roads, listed in alphabetical order, are impassable:
* Barkley Road at the intersection of South Chase Road;
* Bethany Road at the intersection of Horton Highway;
* Bibles Chapel Road at the 2900 block;
* Blue Springs Parkway at the intersection of Washboard Road;
* Bridge Burners Road at the intersection of U.S.11E;
* Campbell Road at the 1100 block;
* Carl Doty Road at the 1100 block;
* Charlie Doty Road at the intersection of Robert Kilday Road and at the 1100 block;
* Collins Road in the first block;
* Crumley Road, about half-way through at Lick Creek Bridge;
* Delta Valley Road at the 1000 block and at Carters Valley Road;
* Dykes Hawkins Road at the intersection of Holland Road;
* Gravel Woods Road at the 400 block;
* Gilbreath Road at the Lick Creek Bridge;
* Gilbreath Mill Road at the intersection of Iron Bridge Road;
* Glades Road between Bible Road and Purgason Road;
* Grassy Creek Road at the 2600 block;
* Green Road from the 200 block to the bridge;
* Gutheries Greene Road, due to a mud slide before Speedwell Church Road;
* Holland Road at the intersection of Lost Mountain Pike;
* Idell Road at the intersection of North Mohawk Road;
* Iron Bridge next to Gilbreath Mill Road;
* John Graham Road at the 200 block, 1500 block and 2700 block;
* Judd Neal Loop at the intersection of Canores Road;
* Kenneytown Road at the 700 block;
* Links Mill Road at the intersection of East Allens Bridge Road;
* Lost Mountain Pike at the intersection of Charlie Doty Road;
* Marvin Road at the 200 block;
* Maupin Road at the 300 block;
* Mt. Carmel Road at Lick Creek Bridge;
* Murray Bridge Road at Easterly Road and Sapp Road;
* North Mohawk Road between Jim Kirk Road and Idell Road and closed at the intersectionwith U.S. 11E;
* North Wesley Chapel Road at the 1800 block and from the 2300 block to the new bridge;
* Obe Kirk Loop at the intersection of Westwood Road;
* Old Baileyton Road at the 5200 block;
* Ottway Road at the 2000 block;
* Payne Road at Lick Creek Bridge;
* Poe's Lane at the 200 block;
* Pottertown Road, from Gravelwoods Road to North Mohawk Road;
* Reed Road at the 1000 block;
* Sapp Road at the intersection of Smelcer Access;
* Spears Dykes Road at the 200 block to Old Baileyton Road;
* South Mohawk Road at the 1700 block;
* Swatzell Road at the 900 block;
* Teague Road at the 100 block;
* Toby Road at the intersection of Smelcer Road;
* Tom Lawson Road at both ends;
* Union Road at the 1900 block;
* Weems Chapel Road at the intersection of Gap Creek; and,
* Woolsey Road near the intersection of Chase Lane.
OTHER ROAD CONDITIONS
Whitehouse Road was covered with two inches of water at the 5900 block this morning. Weems considered it still passable as of 7:15 a.m.
The Greene County Sheriff's Department reported more than 60 roads closed this morning due to flooding.
A few drivers disregarded barricades on roads and drove around them, deputies said.
That practice can be life-threatening and is strongly discouraged, deputies said.
Greeneville police reported water on many roads this morning, but no road closures within town limits.
"We've been doing pretty well," Lt. Steve Hixson said.