THE GREENEVILLE SUN (est. 1897) is one of the top rated newspapers in Tennessee for market penetration and for its award winning news coverage that serves Greeneville, Mosheim, Tusculum, Mohawk, Baileyton, Ottway and other communities in Greene County, Tennessee. (population of 67,000)
With readership of over 40,000 people each day, The Greeneville Sun has a daily circulation of 14,758 paid distribution, Monday through Friday, and over 15,847 copies for its weekend Saturday/Sunday edition.
The Sun is supported every Wednesday by the total market coverage publication, The Greeneville Neighbor News. Over 10,000 copies of this free-distribution newspaper are distributed to an additional 25,000 readers every week with 6,000 TMC's delivered to homes of non-subscribers and another 4,000 available throughout the market place in high-traffic areas.
Retail AdvertisingRetail or display ads are found in the main body of the paper, and billed at a column-inch rate. For more information, please call one of our advertising sales representatives, who will be happy to answer your questions or come by your place of business to help plan your advertising campaign.
Contact Artie Wehenkel: (423) 359-3160
Contact Taunya Jones: (423) 359-3185
Print Media Kit
Online Media KitOnline Advertising Rate Sheet
TV WEEK is published weekly with channel and movie listings.
Businesses can advertise in TV WEEK on Saturday with their ad running again within six days in The Greeneville Sun at no charge with the option to make copy changes each week. Contact your Ad Representative for copy deadlines, rates or other information.
Contact Artie Wehenkel: (423) 359-3160
Retail & Internet Sales Staff
Sharon Hughes: (423) 359-3148
Joni Parker: (423) 359-3145
Brenda Weems: (423) 359-3123
Wendy Wilder, Tri-Cities: (423) 359-3106
Artie Wehenkel: (423) 359-3160
Jim Hice, Morristown: (423) 581-0088
Please read the following guidelines before transmitting files.
Macintosh Base System -- OSX, 9.2
Electronic Ad Requirements:
- Ad must be Camera Ready
- File must be a Press Optimized/Pre-Press Quality PDF (No EPS, TIFF, JPEG or native files accepted!)
- Allfonts must be embedded
- Images must be high-resolution (170-300 dpi)
- Preferred file format: PDF
- Color ads must separate as CMYK
- Black text should separate on the 1-black plate only
- Black and white ads must be grayscale, minimum 200 dpi
- File formats NOT accepted: EPS, TIF, JPG, PDS, SIT, SEA, OMG
* We accept Indesign CS2, QuarkXpress 4.1 documents, however all fonts and all artwork used in the ad must be included. Other applications can be Microsoft Word, Adobe Photoshop 5.5 and CS, Adobe Illustrator 10. Please do not send PUB or WPD files.
Submitting Ads on Disk
Native Files Accepted: Adobe InDesign 2*, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
*Note: We cannot accept Adobe CS native files due to incompatibility with our proprietary software. Please caonvert your CS file to a Press Quality PDF and upload to our FTP site:
Native File Requirement:
- One ad per Disk
- Use CMYK only No Pantone, Spot, RG , or lab colors
- Delete unused colors and items on pasteboard
- Embed and use only type II fonts (or create outlines to make fonts vector)
- Update all files before collecting for output
**Please notify your sales representative or the production manager, when you have a file to transfer, so it can be processed promptly.
When naming the file to be transmitted, DO NOT use spaces between the words or puncuation other than a "." (period) or "_" (underline).
When creating a PDF file please CLICK HEREto download our Distiller Job Options in Adobe Acrobat 4.0, 5.0 & 6.0.
Contact your sales representative or production manager for uploading information.
If you have any questions, or need assistance, contact
Taunya Jones, Production Manager: (423) 359-3185
Marie Cox: (423) 359-3116
Kim Haynes: (423) 359-3144
Jenna Mays: (423) 359-3178
Melanie ReMine: (423) 359-3117
Our advertising billing department is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.. For questions concerning a DISPLAY advertising statement, please contact your sales representative first.
All other billing questions concerning The Greeneville Sun may be answered by calling Debbie Wilson at 423-359-3132.