Greeneville High School’s Choral Department will present a Christmas concert at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 3, in the Niswonger Performing Arts Center.
The concert is free, although donations will be accepted to benefit the chorus program. Seating is available at 7 p.m.
“Our holiday concert is a fun way to get into the Christmas spirit,” Kathryn May, GHS Chorus director, said in a news release. “The concert will feature all of our choral groups, including the gospel choir.”
The repertoire will include:
A candlelight processional to “O Come, All Ye Faithful” and the finale, “Joy to the World,” with choral alumni invited to join the students;
• “Exsultate Deo” by Scarlatti;
• “Laudate Dominum” by Pitoni;
• “Pie Carols” by Daniel Gawthrop;
• “Choral Suite” from the movie, “Frozen”;
• “Children, Go Where I Send Thee”;
• “Mele Kalikimaka,” a Hawaiian Christmas song; and
• Other Christmas favorites.
“There are several surprises, so we invite the community to attend to find out what they are,” May said.
GHS Chorus is under the direction of May, who is assisted by Matthew Brickey, assistant director and choral assistant, and Whitney Ball, accompanist.